- Wilhelm Schröder GmbH will become a member of the ‘’L.E.D – Leitstelle Energiewende Dortmund’’ in order to contribute even more strongly to the region.
- A further student of computer science and a master student of economics supplement the MFDS team with the data preparation and data analysis as well as the development of business plans and the implementation of marketing concepts.
- The Bachelor thesis of one of the MFDS students starts at the TU Dortmund with the aim of applying machine learning for the optimization of the MFDS system.
- Awarded the contract to promote the Intelligent Transport Infrastructure project (InVerSiV - Intelligent Transport Infrastructure for Secure Networked Driving in Megacity) for safe, networked driving in NRW in the IKT competition. The project consortium consists of the Adesso, TU Dortmund, Commagility, TÜV-SGS and Wilhelm Schröder GmbH. Other partners support it: Deutsche Telekom, ELMOS, City of Dortmund, TRW and Kostal. Project start was July 2016.
- Wilhelm Schröder GmbH was invited by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology BMWi to present the MFDS wrong-way driving system with a demonstration system at the Hannover Messe 2016.
- Within the framework of the ‘’L.E.D – Leitstelle Energiewende Dortmund’’, projects on "Smart City Dortmund" are being developed, which aim at developments on the topic of energy, electric mobility and transport. Wilhelm Schröder GmbH, a member of the L.E.D, is already involved in this area and will intensify these efforts in the near future.
- For 2017, a project with Dortmund start-up companies and the universities is in preparation. In this, the MFDS is to be used sensibly in the area of the port of Dortmund to support logistics processes.
- Commissioning of the development office at the Technology Centre in Dortmund (University vicinity)
- Decrease in MFDS-Falschfahrer warning system in the "Digital Test field highway" by the federal government
- Start research project (ZIM through BMWi) with the objective of intelligent data processing and provision of traffic information; together with the University of Dortmund and FH Dortmund
- Build test system for parking accounting on managed and unmanaged parking space in Dortmund
- The MFDS will be presented at the joint NRW at the IAA 2015 in September
- Presentation of MFDS the federal ministry of transport and digital infrastructure in Bonn
- Participation in the newly opened project "Digital Test field highway"
- Commissioning of MFDS-Falschfahrer warning system in the "Digital Test field highway" near Munich
- Presentation of the results of the first field tests at the Federal Highway Research Institute (BAST)
- Presentation of the test results to the Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Road Research in Dusseldorf
- Completion of the research and development project with the University of Dortmund and at RWTH Aachen
- Additional launches development of vehicle space occupancy system
- The term MFDS - Multifunkional detection system arises as a preamble of the technology with different functionalities (Ghost driver detection / vehicle space occupancy / traffic information)
- Test of in development MFDS-parking accounting system on a test car park in Bavaria
- Presentation of a first test approach in Straßen.NRW to the first testing of the functioning
- Field test with Straßen.NRW on the A43 at Bochum
- Start developing the FFWS (False Driver Alert) as funded research and development project (ZIM through BMWi) in cooperation with the Technical University of Dortmund (Institute for Communication Networks) and RWTH Aachen (Institute for Roads).
- Three employees of our company had an accident on the highway due to a wrong-way driver. From this innovation, first to develop a "Falschfahrer- / Geisterfahrer warning system" originated.